We are Roe Valley Cycling Club are always keen to welcome new members into the club. For those who wish to know more and would like help signing up to the club we are holding a ‘Sign On’ night downstairs in the Alexander Arms on Monday 8th February between 7-9pm.
There you can ask questions and get help joining up to both Cycling Ireland and Roe Valley Cycling Club. Cost for an adult leisure membership is approximately £49 (£34 Cycling Ireland, £15 RVCC). For those wishing to compete in cycling events, the fee will be slightly higher and vary depending on competition type and age category. Cycling Ireland membership always runs January to December so the costs will always be as above – January/February is therefore the best time to join if you are considering it as you get the most out of the benefits.
Why join up? Here are a few reasons why you should consider it..
- Join a collection of like minded individuals who love getting out and about on two wheels. There are club training nights and events, and as part of the family, you will always find others keen to join you for an ad-hoc ride through the countryside.
- Improve your fitness – our club training nights have various levels and include a ladies only session, where you will be pushed to improve your fitness and cycling skills, but also guided in the group by experienced and trained cyclists to maximize safety for all riders.
- Enjoy a variety of disciplines. As a club, we cover a wide variety of cycling experiences. Road Cycling as a social event with groups cycling around the stunning north coast and beyond simply enjoying the physical and social experience; Sportives; Road Racing; Time Trialing; Mountain Biking Cross Country; Enduro/Trail Riding; Trail Quests; Family Events; ….
- Wee Wheelers – This year we are launching our Wee Wheelers section with club members already having completed the necessary training. We hope to provide young keen cyclists (from 6yrs and up) with the all the skills they will need to get the most out of their two wheels but most importantly, to ensure they (like us) have the most fun whilst doing it.
- Insurance – One of the main benefits for joining is a level of personal and third party liability insurance that comes with being a member of Cycling Ireland.
So that’s just some of the benefits. So please, come along to the ‘Sign Up’ night and meet just a few of the club members. Ask questions, and if you wish, join up and make the most of the bicycle you have in the garage 🙂